Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Pirate Poet

When my husband was a kid he used to call himself Red Dog the Pirate. He has always gotten a great deal of pleasure out of playing with words, whether by writing essays, children's stories, or poems. I (and many others) have been telling him for years that he has a rare gift, but being a humble man he doesn't promote himself or even use this gift much except for the enjoyment of family members and special friends.

However, this is my blog and I'll do what I want with it, and one of the things that I want to do is give other people the opportunity to be delighted and moved by his writings. So occasionally I will post one of his essays or poems in the expectation that it will move people he doesn't know as much as it moves people who know and love him.

You can find these posts by going to the "Labels" section on the lower right of the page and clicking on "Pirate Posts".

Here are the 3 children's books he has written (which are available through amazon or Barnes and Noble.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!