Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Five Favorites in my neighborhood

It's been awhile since I've done a Five Favorites linkup with Hallie at Moxie Wife, but I thought you all might be interested in what my neighborhood is like (no doubt quite different from yours!). So here are five of my favorite places in my neighborhood.

[1] NEARBY HOUSE #1

I LOOOVE the colors of this house. Most houses around here are painted orange, or sometimes green, so this is a rarity. I don't know the people who live here, but I pass it when I'm walking home from the neighborhood grocery store (see below).

[2] NEARBY HOUSE #2

This cute little casita is at the corner of my block (that's my house peeking out from behind it). It's been for sale for years and if I could justify buying it I would, just so some norteamericano doesn't buy the property and tear the house down to build a gringo palace.

[3] OLD MILLING MACHINE

At one point (about 100 years ago) our town was famous and rich because sugar cane was grown here. There were 5 mills in the area, and this machinery is what's left of one of them. It's right behind the grammar school, two blocks from our house.

[4] LOCAL GROCERY STORE

This is where I get most everything. This photo shows half the store, so it's pretty small, but it has almost everything I want except fish. I generally walk down here a couple of times a week to do my shopping. It's 3 blocks from my house.

[5] SUNSETS

Happily, sunsets like this are visible from anywhere in my neighborhood every evening, although our house has the best view of all.

Check out other favorites (having nothing to do with neighborhoods) over at Hallie's, and may you be blessed where you live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!