Wednesday, April 10, 2013

5 favorite things, vol. 2

Wow! I almost missed this link-up - somehow I thought that the 5 Favorites happens on Thursdays. So, deep breath, think hard, what 5 favorites do I have to share today?

1. DUPLICATE STITCHING
This is such an easy way to add color to a purchased sweater! It doesn't require any mental attention, unlike a lot of knitting and crocheting.


2. MY WOOD COOKSTOVE
This is exactly like the stove I had and loved when we first moved to the forest in 1970. That stove is long gone but I found this one last year (just a few miles from where I lived when I had the first stove) and we brought it back home to Mexico with us. Is this the coolest outdoor grill you've ever seen, or what?


3. POMEGRANATES.
Pomegranates have been my favorite fruit forever and we actually have our own pomegranate trees which are producing right now! We got about 10 pomegranates in March and as you can see we'll be harvesting more soon!


4. PALO DE ARCO FENCES.
Palo de arco is a type of bush that has lots of straight vertical branches, and it's used a lot down here for all kinds of things (a lot of the old ranches have houses and other buildings made of it, chinked with adobe). I love the look of a woven palo de arco fence. We spent most of our lives in redwood country, and I love old redwood fences, but there's something about the peek-a-boo look of woven fencing that is especially lovely.


5. OUR GRANDDAUGHTER JORDAN.
It's such a treat to have her with us for 2 whole months! God is really using her to open my eyes to lots of blind spots. Here she is with the Pirate (aka my dh).


Thanks Hallie for hosting this link-up and muchas felicitationes on your squishy new baby! For more great lists of five, go visit Hallie at Moxie Wife.

1 comment:

  1. I never said this when I was there but I love the old wood cookstove! Too bad you haven't been able to use it much...... the weather will warm up- hopefully! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know your thoughts!